As a real estate agent in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC, for the past four years, I’ve worked with lots of home sellers. And I’ve seen my clients go through these emotional roller coasters time and again. In an effort to prepare folks for this process—or at least help you laugh and nod if you're already in the thick of things—check out these moments that will strike a chord with any seller who's been there, done that, and lived to tell the tale.
1. 'Wow, there are a ton of real estate agents to choose from'
2. 'Excuse me, you want me to clean/paint/remove what?'
3. 'Do I really have to leave when the buyer gets here?'
4. 'Why didn't that buyer show up?'
5. 'My home doesn't feel like home anymore'
6. 'Is that a true offer, or an insult?'
7. 'Why is this taking so long?'
8. 'Why am I having such a hard time saying goodbye?'