When it comes to getting a home loan, it's a little easier in El Paso County than anywhere else in southern Colorado.
Smart Asset looked across the country where aspiring home buyers were most likely to be approved for a home loan.
El Paso County was the only southern Colorado county to crack the top ten coming in at seventh with 67 percent of applications approved.
Boulder County took home the top spot in the state with 71 percent of applicants getting approved, followed by Douglas County and Summit County.
Recently, Colorado Springs was identified as the hottest housing market in the nation by ATTOM Data Solutions. The group's "Pre-Mover Housing Index" identified our city with the highest proportion of homes likely to sell in a market.
The data shows the average property value in Colorado Springs is $263,960 with a total of 218,034 single-family homes.
The majority of the other top 10 cities identified have a much larger inventory of homes, but a similar average property value.
1) Colorado Springs
2) Charleston-North Charleston, South Carolina
3) Raleigh, North Carolina
4) Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Florida
5) Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, District of Columbia-Virginia-Maryland-West Virginia
6) Lexington-Fayette, Kentucky
7) Jacksonville, Florida
8) Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, Florida
9) Lancaster, Pennsylvania
10) Nashville-Davidson-Murfreesboro-Franklin, Tennessee